Emma’s a top fashion blogger
Date published: 26 June 2015
TOP blogger: Emma Campbell has taken the online fashion and beauty world by storm
ACCIDENTAL blogger Emma Campbell has taken the online fashion and beauty world by storm.
But Emma, from Failsworth, claims it wasn’t her intention when she started charting her life — at whatemmadid.com — in an online portfolio during her studies at the University of Central Lancashire.
After amassing a host of subscribers who couldn’t resist finding out what she was up to, the portfolio evolved into a full-on blog.
And 10 months later, Emma — who did work experience at the Chronicle — won Cosmopolitan magazine’s Best Fashion Blog award.
Since that win in 2010 she has launched her own online dress collection to create the first “blogtique”.
“It just grew massively,” said Emma (29), a former Failsworth School student. “Suddenly I was getting invites to fashion and beauty events and people started following me on social media.
“I now have 17,000 subscribers, who get daily updates from me, and around 10,000 followers on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. I spotted a gap in the market to grow the blog, to provide not only fashion, beauty and lifestyle news, but to let readers have a place to shop too. To my knowledge, there are no other fashion blogs that have become ‘blogtiques’.”
Emma currently buys her stock in the Far East and London but is hoping to design her own.
You can follow Emma at www.whatemmadid.com or on Twitter at @WhatEmmaDid_.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1It was a 'miracle' only one person was injured - property developer jailed after roof and wall...
- 2UPDATED: Police seek witnesses following three car collision INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE PICTURES
- 3Police appeal after woman is raped in Oldham
- 4Oldham to benefit from walkway upgrades
- 5'Life should mean life' - petition demanding Liane's killer should be refused parole presented to...