Local finalists in Greater Manchester Sports Awards
Date published: 14 November 2017
Six local people and a local school are finalists in the Greater Manchester Sports Awards taking place on Friday 17 November, at The Point, Emirates Old Trafford.
The event celebrates the outstanding commitment and achievements made in physical activity and sport across the Greater Manchester area. BBC Radio Manchester presenter Chelsea Norris is the night’s host, and former Manchester United defender Gary Neville is the guest speaker.
- Changing Lifestyle Award: - Dawn Nisbet
- Coach of the Year: Donna Hankinson
- Disabled Sports Achiever of the Year: Mary Shaw
- School Commitment to PE & Sport Award: The Radclyffe School
- Sports Achiever of the Year: Stefan Whaley
- Unsung Hero of the Year: Fred Halliwell
- Volunteer of the Year: Tony Muir