Double delight for Isaan Gym
Date published: 16 April 2018
Isaan Gym head coach Stephen Donnelly with Luke Mattinson
Two boxers from the Oldham-based Isaan Gym junior team returned from the Barnsley Metrodome with that champion feeling.
In total, Isaan Gym head coach Stephen Donnelly took five fighters to the prestigious Yokkoa Open tournament, which is widely regarded as one of the toughest junior competitions in Europe.
Eleven-year-old Tommy Lowe, from Greenacres, turned in some masterful performances on his way to glory.
He fought three times in one day, eventually winning the 33kg category final to be crowned Yokkoa champion.
Luke Mattinson, from Moorside, fought a very tough Dutch fighter in the final to win his 46kg category.
He was crowned K1 Yokkoa champion.
Head coach Donnelly said: "I'm very proud of both boxers as they both fought in very tough categories."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1It was a 'miracle' only one person was injured - property developer jailed after roof and wall...
- 2UPDATED: Police seek witnesses following three car collision INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE PICTURES
- 3Police appeal after woman is raped in Oldham
- 4Oldham to benefit from walkway upgrades
- 5'Life should mean life' - petition demanding Liane's killer should be refused parole presented to...