Choral Society choir are in good voice
Date published: 20 April 2018
Oldham Choral Society rehearsals take place at Chadderton Town Hall
The Oldham Choral Society, which currently boasts around 130 members, is gearing up for its latest major concert.
On Sunday May 6 at 7.30pm at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester, the Choral Society choir will perform Elgar’s great oratorio “Dream of Gerontius”, based on Cardinal Newman’s poem describing the death of a devout man and his journey to judgement.
The Oldham Choral Society is one of the leading amateur choirs in the north-west of England.
The repertoire includes most of the major choral works by Bach, Elgar, Handel, Haydn, Mendelssohn, Rossini and many others.
The society organises aprroximmately four concerts a year in Oldham, elsewhere in Manchester, and further afield.
Membership is open to anyone who wants to sing; there are no auditions.
Rehearsals are held on Monday evenings from 7.20pm in the main hall at the back of the first floor of Chadderton Town Hall on Middleton Road.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police appeal after woman is raped in Oldham
- 2UPDATED: Police seek witnesses following three car collision INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE PICTURES
- 3It was a 'miracle' only one person was injured - property developer jailed after roof and wall...
- 4Former football coach caged following sexual abuse of boy
- 5Pedalling their way to 'Clean Air Day' awards success