Fishing fleets face sink or swim time
Date published: 09 March 2018
As a proud island nation, fishing has always played a vital part in our everyday lives.
But sadly we have watched as our fishing fleets were relentlessly decimated thanks to the EU’s Common Fisheries Policy.
With Brexit we have the chance to rebuild our fleets, reclaim our 200-nautical-mile exclusive economic zone and finally escape from the CFP.
But now the EU is brazenly demanding continued access to British waters as a bargaining chip in the Brexit negotiations.
They could do with a slap in the face with a wet kipper frankly.
Theresa May must stand up to their bully-boy tactics and fight for our right to take back full ownership and control of our waters.
This really is sink or swim time.
Paul Nuttall, North West MEP
UK Independence Party
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1UPDATED: Police seek witnesses following three car collision INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE PICTURES
- 2Trophy delight for the Oldham Aces veterans
- 3Oldham town centre is safe, insists Council leader
- 4Oldham jewellers set to call time after almost four decades
- 5'Life should mean life' - petition demanding Liane's killer should be refused parole presented to...