EU is not the be all and end all
Date published: 12 March 2018
I think it’s rather fitting that the theme of this year’s Commonwealth Day is ‘towards a common future.’
The shape of the UK’s future has not been so uncertain for a very long time and that is inevitably causing concern in various quarters about how it will all pan out.
Many people in this country have not known life outside the domination of the European Union and are afraid of the unknown.
So Commonwealth Day is a timely reminder that the EU is not the be all and end all in terms of trade and membership of a powerful group.
As the Commonwealth Association says, this year’s theme ‘renews our Commonwealth vision and commitment to building on the individual and collective strengths of all member countries to respond to global challenges, and deliver a more prosperous, secure, sustainable and fair future for all of our citizens, particularly our young people.
Paul Nuttall, North West MEP
UK Independence Party
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1UPDATED: Police seek witnesses following three car collision INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE PICTURES
- 2Trophy delight for the Oldham Aces veterans
- 3Oldham town centre is safe, insists Council leader
- 4Oldham jewellers set to call time after almost four decades
- 5'Life should mean life' - petition demanding Liane's killer should be refused parole presented to...