May's job on the line
Date published: 08 May 2018
It’s lonely at the top - and for Theresa May it’s getting lonelier every day.
She’s been talking the talk about leaving the EU, but latest reports reveal that she is still not actually walking the way away from Brussels.
Proposals for a ‘customs arrangement’ as opposed to a ‘customs union’ is really a matter of semantics as either way we would still be at the mercy of the EU and unable to freely make our own trade deals.
The ‘customs arrangement’ would create frightening layers of bureaucracy and ironically such red tape is among the many reasons people voted for Brexit.
Our Prime Minister is painting herself into a corner and must stay strong as otherwise she risks betraying the 17.4 million who voted for independence and for which she will not be forgiven.
Not only is her job on the line, but the future of her party.
North West MEP
UK Independence Party
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1UPDATED: Police seek witnesses following three car collision INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE PICTURES
- 2Trophy delight for the Oldham Aces veterans
- 3Oldham town centre is safe, insists Council leader
- 4Oldham jewellers set to call time after almost four decades
- 5'Life should mean life' - petition demanding Liane's killer should be refused parole presented to...