Britain is booming
Date published: 23 May 2018
Oh look Mark Carney, the latest official figures show Britain is booming economically.
Fancy that - and after your dire predictions of financial gloom and doom.
Fortunately most of the public - and more importantly businesses - did not believe you in the first place and figures from the Office for National Statistics show government borrowing for last year was about half that predicted in the event of a Leave vote.
It is actually at a 16 year low and I have no doubt that after we actually leave the EU and the i’s have been dotted and the t’s crossed our economy will continue to boom.
Meanwhile, I hope the news has fortified Theresa May in her resolve to restore our freedom and that her mantra ‘Brexit means Brexit’ becomes a reality and not a sound bite.
North West MEP
UK Independence Party
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1UPDATED: Police seek witnesses following three car collision INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE PICTURES
- 2Trophy delight for the Oldham Aces veterans
- 3Oldham town centre is safe, insists Council leader
- 4Oldham jewellers set to call time after almost four decades
- 5'Life should mean life' - petition demanding Liane's killer should be refused parole presented to...