Theresa May has gone back on everything that she has said
Date published: 09 July 2018
Well, following the Cabinet meeting at Chequers they - with the exception of David Davis - are all now backing the Prime Minister and her plans to leave the EU in March next year.
While the full details will be disclosed later this week, from what has already been released, it proves that the 17.4 million who voted to leave have been completely ignored and we will remain as a rule taker and subservient to the EU without any representation.
Mrs May has gone back on everything that she has said over the last two years “Brexit means Brexit” or “ No deal is better than a bad deal”, now runs hollow with many in her party and all of those who trusted her, putting any future electoral success in jeopardy.
We were told that the result of the referendum would be respected, which it clearly is not and it proves how undemocratic this country has become under the political establishment that has emerged over the last fifty years that are clearly not working for the interests of the voters.
It was thanks to UKIP that we had the in/out EU referendum which was won, but it is thanks to the “Remainer Establishment” that we are being betrayed !
Broadcaster and Commentator
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1UPDATED: Police seek witnesses following three car collision INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE PICTURES
- 2Trophy delight for the Oldham Aces veterans
- 3Oldham town centre is safe, insists Council leader
- 4Oldham jewellers set to call time after almost four decades
- 5'Life should mean life' - petition demanding Liane's killer should be refused parole presented to...