Cartmel Races - August Bank Holiday Monday (27th)
Date published: 11 April 2018
August Bank Holiday Monday @ Cartmel Races
Monday 27th August 2018
£39 per person
Departs 8.30am - back approx 8.15pm
The ancient village of Cartmel is famous for its 12th Century Medieval Priory, with beautiful stained glass windows, modern sculptures and ancient choir stalls. Leading off the village square, with its market cross, water pump and fish slabs, is the Priory Gatehouse, now a Heritage Centre, which depicts the history of the monastery and the village. The village also houses a variety of interesting shops, traditional pubs around the main square. On the Market Square is Cartmel Village Shop famous for its Sticky Toffee Pudding.
Following your exploration of the village, head in you own time over to the racecourse to unpack your picnic and chairs then sit back and enjoy the late summer sunshine whilst you have a flutter on the horses. If you prefer not to bring your own picnic, lunch can be purchased in either the village or the one of the many stalls at the racecourse.
The final day of the season promises some brilliant racing action but this traditional holiday meeting is all about the picnic, the fairground and the family fun. Come and join us for a Grand Finale!
Call LiveOldham Days Out 0161 637 6440 or www.yourdayout.co.uk
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police appeal after woman is raped in Oldham
- 2UPDATED: Police seek witnesses following three car collision INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE PICTURES
- 3It was a 'miracle' only one person was injured - property developer jailed after roof and wall...
- 4Former football coach caged following sexual abuse of boy
- 5Pedalling their way to 'Clean Air Day' awards success