Yaya only focused on City's title bid
Date published: 04 January 2017
YAYA Toure insists he will not listen to offers as he focuses solely on Manchester City for the remainder of the season.
The midfielder is in the final six months of his contract at the Etihad Stadium and is now free to start speaking to other clubs.
But, after winning back his place in the side following a dispute involving his agent earlier in the season, Toure (pictured) does not want any other distractions.
The 33-year-old believes City can still win a third Premier League title this term despite falling seven points behind leaders Chelsea having played a game more.
Asked if he would speak to other clubs, Toure said: "No, I won't do that. My focus (is) on City, the future is there because for now the league is not finished.
"Me and the guys are always focused. That's the main point. I'm a footballer, I belong to the field. After that is difficult.
"Chelsea are in a good way but we are going to fight until the end, make it difficult."
Toure, who has been linked with a move to China, believes City will need to show their fighting qualities to get back into firm contention in the title race.
Pep Guardiola's side have not produced their best for some time but got back to winning ways after a damaging New Year's Eve loss at Liverpool with a hard-fought 2-1 victory over Burnley on Monday.
Toure said: "At the moment, we are in not (in our best form) but we have to be able to deliver.
"City have always been a team who fight to the end to win a trophy and at the moment we are not happy with the position in the league. We have to fight.
"We are starting the second half of the season now and I think we will have to be almost perfect. We'll have to win all the games when we play the top four."
Have Your Say