Reporter: MATTHEW CHAMBERS
Date published: 25 March 2014
JONATHAN Grounds signed a two-year deal in the summer of 2012.
JONATHAN Grounds is set to make his 100th appearance for Athletic in tonight’s clash at Leyton Orient.
Restored to his favoured left-back role, Grounds has been part of a defensive unit that has conceded only once in the last two matches.
“The Crawley win was one we needed. Looking at results below us, a couple of teams managed to get three points so that was definitely the case.
“With two tough games now, it was something that will help us build a little bit of confidence.”
The home 1-1 draw earlier this season with the Os still rankles with Grounds, given that it was widely accepted Shaun Batt’s equaliser should have been disallowed for offside.
“We have to take confidence from the game here, which we should have won,” Grounds added.
“A linesman’s decision cost us three points in that one. We have to go there on the back of a good result and put in a performance.”
Orient are third in Sky Bet League One, four points off second but having played more games.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Homeless-Friendly initiative hopes to aid those in need across Greater Manchester
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules