Files joins Oldham
Date published: 28 November 2012
WELCOME ON BOARD . . . coach Scott Naylor (left) with new loan signing Adam Files.
IT hasn't taken long for Oldham RL Club to see the benefits of their new link-up with Salford City Reds.
Hooker Adam Files (19), said to be one of the Super League club's brightest young prospects, has joined Roughyeds on a season-long loan.
The Salford lad played his early rugby with Warrington amateurs Woolston, where his father was a coach, and signed for the Reds aged 15.
Alan Hunte, head of youth at Salford, felt Files was ready for Championship One rugby and would benefit from a season at Oldham.
Roughyeds' boss Scott Naylor, who knew Files well from his own connections at Salford, was delighted to take him on as the 21st member of his squad.
Oldham were keen to negotiate a long-term loan with their new partners, having previously stressed their preference for a degree of permanence in any such transfers.
Said Naylor: "We've got him for the season, and I'm very pleased to have him.
“He's an intelligent player, and very quick. On top of that he’s a good, young professional who is ready and keen to listen and learn.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Homeless-Friendly initiative hopes to aid those in need across Greater Manchester
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules