Langtree back for Oldham
Date published: 15 April 2016
DANNY LANGTREE . . . Challenge Cup return.
DANNY Langtree, a player to the forefront of the steady progress Oldham RL Club have made under Scott Naylor’s stewardship, will be back in action at Hull KR tomorrow after missing the last four games through injury.
Danny Grimshaw will also be back, as will Adam Files. They replace dual-reg duo Liam Johnson and Tyler Dickinson, who are not available, and Joe Burke, who played for North Wales Crusaders in an earlier round and is cup-tied.
Looking ahead to this fifth round Ladbrokes Challenge Cup tie at the KC Lightstream Stadium tomorrow (2pm kick-off), Naylor said nothing could be read into Hull KR’s 40-0 home hammering by Catalans Dragons in Super League last week.
The Oldham head coach said: “Catalans can do that to anybody. Rovers will see our game as an ideal opportunity to bounce back. Our last two performances were fantastic, so that’s the standard we need to maintain, not only in the cup but in the Championship as well.
“The Challenge Cup is important. It’s a great competition so we must pick up where we left off against Batley and Sheffield.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Homeless-Friendly initiative hopes to aid those in need across Greater Manchester
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules