Cheque tonic for Cancer Centre
Date published: 28 January 2011
CHARITY bowled over: Chronicle Editor David Whaley (left) with Chris Hoyle and John Lord, the competition president.
BOWLS: THE Oldham Cancer Support Centre has received a much-needed £950 boost thanks to the generosity of local crown green bowlers.
The voluntary organisation, which provides support for cancer sufferers, is three years old today (see our news section for full story).
Chris Hoyle, the pioneer of the project, was on hand to receive the cheque from representatives of the Oldham Evening Chronicle Bowling Handicap.
The annual competition attracts bowlers from all over Oldham, but its other aim is to raise money for local charities.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Chadderton man charged in connection with Moston murder
- 2Joint funeral for devoted Oldham couple who died from Covid just two weeks apart
- 3Warning issued following Royton log burner fire
- 4£9.1m transformation of ‘most dangerous’ junction in city-region moves closer
- 5Two Oldham women charged with drug and modern slavery offences