Cheque tonic for Cancer Centre
Date published: 28 January 2011
CHARITY bowled over: Chronicle Editor David Whaley (left) with Chris Hoyle and John Lord, the competition president.
BOWLS: THE Oldham Cancer Support Centre has received a much-needed £950 boost thanks to the generosity of local crown green bowlers.
The voluntary organisation, which provides support for cancer sufferers, is three years old today (see our news section for full story).
Chris Hoyle, the pioneer of the project, was on hand to receive the cheque from representatives of the Oldham Evening Chronicle Bowling Handicap.
The annual competition attracts bowlers from all over Oldham, but its other aim is to raise money for local charities.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for 160 homes to be decided by councillors
- 2‘All I needed was a chance’: The former ‘speed’ addict who used lockdown to turn her life around
- 3Dogs Trust’s longest term resident hopes to find love as lockdown lifts
- 4Man who fled after crashing his car into a wall is jailed
- 5NHS staff at the Royal Oldham Hospital hit with parking fines from private company