Illuminate festival was the perfect picture for Oldham photography students
Reporter: Jess Reeves
Date published: 14 March 2019
Picture courtesy of University Campus Oldham's Photography students.
The carnival is a procession of light from the Gallery Oldham to the Old Town Hall, led by Global Grooves and a sea of handmade community lanterns.
Students from year one and two of the course, spread out across the venues to cover the event from all angles. Photographs were taken at the Old Town Hall which was transformed with an amazing light spectacular, Oldham Parish Church’s Celestial Sound Cloud, Gallery Oldham and Parliament Square.
This is the 8th live location shoot this academic year for University Campus Oldham’s Photography students, and opportunities like this give an invaluable boost to their professional portfolios, making them more ready for employment when they graduate.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Wild, Priest and Clarke all linked with Oldham manager’s job
- 2Oldham man arrested on suspicion of malicious social post
- 3EXCLUSIVE: Oldham Councillor’s wife not giving up despite threatening phone call
- 4Woman rushed to hospital in serious condition after crash in Oldham
- 5Grenadier Guards heading to Saddleworth