Woman and children injured in Oldham dog attack
Reporter: Jon Chubb
Date published: 06 July 2019
Police say the dog was ‘dangerously out of control’
A dog has been destroyed in Oldham after it left a woman with serious injuries and attacked two children on Saturday (6th July).
Police were called at around 11.55am to reports that a woman had been bitten by a dog at a house on Lower Lime Road in Oldham.
Officers attended and discovered the dog was dangerously out of control and two children had also been bitten.
The woman has been taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries. The two children have also been taken to hospital with minor injuries.
In line with officers’ priority to keep the public safe, the dog was destroyed at the scene due to concerns for the people at the property and the wider public.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1The sound of music WILL ring around Saddleworth on Whit Friday
- 2Oldham doctor shares his experience of life working on the NHS frontline during COVID-19
- 3Dovestone locals demand parking fine blitz
- 4Is your business eligible for the latest crisis funding? How to apply.
- 5Tameside to be Greater Manchester’s pilot for test and trace programme