Officers cut free from police car after incident near Rochdale police station
Date published: 11 July 2019
The crash near Rochdale Police Station
On Wednesday afternoon (10th July) two officers were taken to hospital after being cut free from a police car after a collision with an uninsured vehicle.
The vehicles collided at the junction of Manchester Road, Dane Street, St Marys Gate and the Esplanade.
A 26-year old man that was the driver of a black Ford Focus was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs, driving without due care and attention, and driving without insurance.
He remains in custody for questioning.
Two Rochdale fire engines attended the scene they used specialist equipment to free a police woman who was trapped in the police vehicle.
Two officers were taken to hospital to be treated for injuries consistent with whiplash.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Investigation launched after stabbing at Hollinwood tram stop
- 2‘Manipulative sexual predator’ from Rochdale jailed for four years
- 3Hate crime against transgender people rise 168pc in Greater Manchester
- 4Disabled season ticket price hike leaves Latics fans furious
- 5Woman punched in the face as man steals her car