Fears Latics could be pushed out of Boundary Park and face administration
Date published: 31 January 2020
There are fresh fears Oldham Athletic could be heading for administration.
Reports in The Sun newspaper claim former director Simon Blitz is considering calling in the administrators over alleged debts owned to him.
Mr Blitz claims the current owner Abdallah Lemsagam owes him £500,000 in overdue rent and unpaid loans.
He is now considering a number of options including repossessing the stadium.
Simon Blitz is the freeholder of the ground as part of his financial company Brass Bank - and if he goes through with this it could result in Oldham being kicked out of the stadium they've called home for 116 years.
Administration would mean a 12-point deduction that, if imposed today, would leave them bottom of League Two and facing relegation from the Football League.
Bury Football Club were dumped from the EFL last year.
We've contacted the club for comment and awaiting a reply.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham doctor shares his experience of life working on the NHS frontline during COVID-19
- 2Roadside danger angers Dovestone locals
- 3Tributes paid to ex-Oldham councillor Angie, who has died aged 61
- 4OSFC’s Aspiring Medics Programme enjoys record number of university offers
- 5The sound of music WILL ring around Saddleworth on Whit Friday