Dovestone drama for the heroes of the hills
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 01 June 2020
The casualty is helped into a waiting ambulance
The Oldham Mountain Rescue Team were asked to assist GMP Saddleworth and Lees and North West Ambulance Service on Saturday when a casualty fell down steep ground off a narrow path, near to Dovestone Reservoir.
While medical aid was administered by NWAS and the team doctor, a rope system was prepared which was then used to lower the casualty on to a stretcher to the main path.
The person was evacuated on the stretcher and wheeled along the main path to the waiting NWAS ambulance.
Twenty-seven OMRT personnel were involved for just short of two-and-a-half hours.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘This is why Oldham has got such a bad name’ – councillors defer controversial planning application
- 2Tower blocks could be demolished for modern new homes
- 3Akkas shares 72nd birthday feast with NHS workers, TV stars and other grateful guests
- 4Oldham murder attempts - man charged
- 5New plans submitted to transform Egyptian Rooms in Old Town Hall