Citizens Advice Oldham urges EU citizens to apply for settled status by end of June
Date published: 05 June 2021
For further information and guidance, contact Citizens Advice Oldham on 0808 278 7803 (free phone) or through the website
Citizens Advice Oldham is urging EU, EEA or Swiss citizens to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme before the June 30 deadline, if that want to continue living and working in the UK.
Applications to the EU Settlement Scheme should be made online through the GOV.UK website.
Applying to the scheme is free.
Applicants must have been resident in the UK by December 31, 2020.
Steve Hughes, Chief Operating Officer of Citizens Advice SORT Group, said: “The deadline to apply for settled and pre-settled status is fast approaching.
"We are finding that in some cases, people simply aren’t aware that they need to apply, and that by missing the upcoming deadline they could lose the right to live and work in the UK.
"We encourage those who have not yet applied for settled or pre-settled status to do so as soon as possible, to allow time to complete the application and gather any evidence you may need.”
For further information and guidance, contact Citizens Advice Oldham on 0808 278 7803 (free phone) or through the website here
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for nearly 100 affordable homes on the site of a former arson-plagued mill in Oldham approved
- 2Oldham bosses warn ‘we can’t afford to blow it’ as cases of Covid-19 increase
- 3Top ten Covid-19 hotspots in Greater Manchester revealed
- 4Middleton’s name could be ‘wiped off the parliamentary map’ under new boundary proposals
- 5UPDATED: Man jailed for 21 weeks after car was stolen from Chadderton