Oldham team £2.9m cannabis seizure - man due in court
Date published: 26 July 2021
Shan Gao has been charged with importing Class B drugs with intent to evade prohibition or restriction
A man has been charged following the seizure of almost £3m worth of cannabis.
Shan Gao (aged 53) of Moss Lane East in Manchester has been charged with importing Class B drugs with intent to evade prohibition or restriction.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear before Tameside Magistrates Court today (Monday).
On Friday (July 23), a man was arrested by Oldham Challenger Team following the seizure of over 400kg of cannabis by UK Border Force, worth an estimated £2.9 million.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tributes flood in after death of Oldham legend Wayne Bentley
- 2Kevin Flanagan dies, aged 74
- 3Latics sink to new low following seven-goal thumping at Brentford
- 4Oldham GP says Government Covid booster plan is "tactless"
- 5Avro stadium denied permission to create a ‘VIP bar’ and serve late night refreshment to visitors