Murder investigation underway following attack on taxi driver
Date published: 16 November 2021
The man died after the assault on Queensway
A murder investigation has been launched after a taxi driver died following an assault on 30 October.
Officers were called at around 5am on Saturday 30 October 2021 to a report of an assault along Queensway in Rochdale.
Police arrived and discovered that a taxi driver – a 39-year-old male – had been seriously attacked.
The victim was taken to hospital with serious injuries. He passed away in hospital on the morning of Sunday 14 November.
Two males - aged 20 and 18 - have been charged in relation to the incident.
Enquiries are ongoing.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham man who broke a woman's leg by jumping on it and placed a gun in her mouth has been jailed.
- 2Wind and rain no match for this weekend's festive Santas
- 3Huge solar energy farm could be built alongside Rochdale Canal in Failsworth
- 4Council confirm use of hotel for asylum seekers
- 5Man jailed for four years following campaign of anti-semitic abuse