Pedestrian suffers 'serious' injuries after being struck by tram in Oldham town centre
Date published: 27 November 2023
Emergency services were called to the scene at around 11am
A pedestrian was left with serious injuries after being hit by a tram in Oldham town centre.
It has been reported that the man was taken to hospital after being knocked down on King Street this morning (Tuesday).
Emergency services were called to the scene, close to Mecca Bingo, at around 11am.
A Greater Manchester Police spokesperson said: "At around 11am on Tuesday, November 28, officers were called to reports of a road traffic collision involving a tram and a pedestrian on King Street in Oldham.
"Emergency services attended the scene a man was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
"No arrests have been made and there is currently a scene in place while officers conduct further enquiries."
Metrolink services in Oldham ground to a halt due to the ongoing 'police incident'.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police probe continues after man suffers lacerations during fighting at Chadderton pub
- 2Chadderton apprentice Ellie is blazing a trail for International Women’s Day and Careers Week
- 3How Oldham’s abandoned mineshafts could change the town’s future
- 4The plan that could revive a dying town centre
- 5Holly excited ahead of Latics Women's Academy launch