Roughyeds head coach to leave leave at the end of the season
Date published: 07 August 2019
Oldham head coach Scott Naylor
Head coach Scott Naylor will leave Oldham RL Club when his current contract expires at the end of this season.
He is currently one of the longest-serving coaches in the game, having been at Oldham for seven seasons.
Club chairman Chris Hamilton said: "Scott has been with us for a long time in Rugby League terms and has had a big influence over those years.
"But, like everything else, things come to an end and following the conclusion of this season we will both move on, parting on good terms.
"There is still an awful lot to play for this season and I know both Scott and the players will be fully focused on the remaining games. In the meantime the club will begin its search for a replacement.
"We hope to have our biggest crowd of the season at the Vestacare Stadium this Sunday for what should be a cracker of a game against Newcastle Thunder.
"The end of the season, which we all hope will be another successful one, will be the appropriate time to look back at Scott's long spell in charge."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day
- 2Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 3Flooding scheme to protect a hundred homes in Oldham approved
- 4Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 5Superfast broadband will come to Oldham