Roughyeds win at Hunset to finish second in league
Date published: 09 September 2019
Roughyeds win at Hunset
A strong second-half performance earned Oldham a 34-20 win at Hunset to cement a second-place finish in Betfred League 1.
Roughyeds trailed 20-18 at half-time in this 20th and last game of the regular season, but they responded to some harsh words from coach Scott Naylor at the interval to score 16 unanswered points in the second half and record their ninth win in their last ten outings.
Danny Langtree scored a try hat-trick and other tries were scored by Danny Bridge and Paul Crook, who also landed seven goals from eight shots including three second-half penalties.
In the play-offs to find the club which will join league winners Whitehaven in the Betfred Championship next season, Roughyeds will have a blank weekend next before playing the winners of Newcastle v Doncaster on the weekend of September 21 and 22 at the Vestacare Stadium.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Three arrested after man stabbed to death in Oldham
- 2Arrests made in Oldham after series of armed robberies
- 3Stabbing victim was previously jailed for torture of 16 year-old boy.
- 4Four masked men rob garden centre and attack worker in Failsworth
- 5Rochdale's Classic Car Show returns to mark 60th anniversary of famous Rochdale Olympic Sports Car