Trying to trace the family of Ernest Hirst
Date published: 09 November 2018
Ernest Hirst was a Shaw man, and he was killed in France on July 15, 1916.
I am hoping to trace any later members of the family living in the greater Shaw area.
His family at this time lived at 26, Edmund Street, Shaw.
The earlier family address was in Seville Street, Shawside.
The family consisted of the parents, James and Sarah Hirst, two daughters named Annie and Maria, and three sons, John William, Ernest, who died, and the youngest son James, who was born in 1901.
My father Charles Kay lived very close to Ernest and their army numbers were within five numbers of each other.
I am sure they must have always been mates.
If anyone out there has any information about Ernest's family, please email: email@example.com
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘This is why Oldham has got such a bad name’ – councillors defer controversial planning application
- 2Tower blocks could be demolished for modern new homes
- 3Oldham murder attempts - man charged
- 4Akkas shares 72nd birthday feast with NHS workers, TV stars and other grateful guests
- 5New plans submitted to transform Egyptian Rooms in Old Town Hall