Trying to trace the family of Ernest Hirst
Date published: 09 November 2018
Ernest Hirst was a Shaw man, and he was killed in France on July 15, 1916.
I am hoping to trace any later members of the family living in the greater Shaw area.
His family at this time lived at 26, Edmund Street, Shaw.
The earlier family address was in Seville Street, Shawside.
The family consisted of the parents, James and Sarah Hirst, two daughters named Annie and Maria, and three sons, John William, Ernest, who died, and the youngest son James, who was born in 1901.
My father Charles Kay lived very close to Ernest and their army numbers were within five numbers of each other.
I am sure they must have always been mates.
If anyone out there has any information about Ernest's family, please email: email@example.com
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Three arrested after man stabbed to death in Oldham
- 2Arrests made in Oldham after series of armed robberies
- 3Stabbing victim was previously jailed for torture of 16 year-old boy.
- 4Four masked men rob garden centre and attack worker in Failsworth
- 5Rochdale's Classic Car Show returns to mark 60th anniversary of famous Rochdale Olympic Sports Car