Be bold and hold our nerve
Date published: 07 January 2019
Just as well Mrs May wasn’t in charge when Captain James Cook went off exploring.
He sailed into unchartered waters without qualms as to what lay ahead, unlike our PM - not one to miss an opportunity to try to frighten the electorate into submission - and is warning that a ‘no deal’ means a voyage into ‘uncharted territory’.
Going bravely into the unknown is what helped make Great Britain the world power it is and, while ‘no deal’ is not the ideal outcome, we need to be bold and hold our nerve in the face of EU intransigence.
They need us more than we need them and it is nonsense to think that if we walk away without a deal we will be up the creek without a paddle.
North West Independent MEP
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Three arrested after man stabbed to death in Oldham
- 2Stabbing victim was previously jailed for torture of 16 year-old boy.
- 3Arrests made in Oldham after series of armed robberies
- 4Four masked men rob garden centre and attack worker in Failsworth
- 5Rochdale's Classic Car Show returns to mark 60th anniversary of famous Rochdale Olympic Sports Car