Be bold and hold our nerve
Date published: 07 January 2019
Just as well Mrs May wasn’t in charge when Captain James Cook went off exploring.
He sailed into unchartered waters without qualms as to what lay ahead, unlike our PM - not one to miss an opportunity to try to frighten the electorate into submission - and is warning that a ‘no deal’ means a voyage into ‘uncharted territory’.
Going bravely into the unknown is what helped make Great Britain the world power it is and, while ‘no deal’ is not the ideal outcome, we need to be bold and hold our nerve in the face of EU intransigence.
They need us more than we need them and it is nonsense to think that if we walk away without a deal we will be up the creek without a paddle.
North West Independent MEP
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘This is why Oldham has got such a bad name’ – councillors defer controversial planning application
- 2Tower blocks could be demolished for modern new homes
- 3Oldham murder attempts - man charged
- 4Oldham family named among the UK's lockdown DIY champions
- 5Akkas shares 72nd birthday feast with NHS workers, TV stars and other grateful guests