Putting their best foot forward
Date published: 25 May 2018
Putting their best foot forward to mark 'Walk to School Week'
Pupils, parents and staff at St Agnes C of E Primary School in Lees put their best foot forward to mark 'Walk to School Week' - a country-wide celebration of walking.
The lovely weather certainly helped as the children were able to walk to and from school, keeping themselves fit and healthy during what were pleasant strolls from home for most.
St Agnes' Headteacher Kirsten Swift said: "We try to encourage families to take part and hopefully continue to walk to school on a regular basis.
"This hopefully cuts down on cars trying to park near the school gate and surrounding roads, therefore easing traffic congestion and contributing to lowering air pollution.
"In addition, for the benefit of the children we hope that it helps them develop a health lifestyle both in mind and body.
"Further to this it gives children a chance to socialise and chat with their friends."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Conlon Construction begins work on futuristic climbing facility in Oldham
- 2Oldham teacher banned from classrooms for at least three years
- 3The end of an era beckons as Lol and Mag prepare to hang up their baking gloves
- 4As the darker nights draw in, GMP reminds residents to keep their homes light and locked
- 5Gang of women carry out Uppermill robbery