Oldham Hulme Grammar excel in school inspection
Date published: 13 November 2019
OHGS pupils and Mr Craig JD Mairs
Oldham Hulme Grammar School received a scheduled Focused Compliance and Educational Quality Inspection from a team of eight independent school inspectors (ISI) between the 17th and the 19th of September.
The school received an Excellent grade in both the quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements and the quality of the pupils’ personal development.
Under the ISI framework, Educational Quality Inspections make two key headline judgements about a school.
Head Teacher, Mr Craig JD Mairs said, "We are extremely proud of our pupils and this result is a testament to their qualities, as well as the dedication of the staff.
"We are delighted to have moved the school from a headline judgement of “good” at the time of its last educational quality inspection in 2010 to the top rating of “double excellent” in 2019. "
The inspection was led by two of her majesty’s inspectors (HMI’s).
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Bid to wind up Oldham Athletic dismissed at court hearing
- 2Man's body found at a property in Rochdale
- 3Woman has handbag stolen and is dragged to the floor during robbery in Oldham
- 4Oldham pensioner surprised with a 'Silent Night' from Oldham College choir
- 5Police make an arrest after two women were assaulted in Oldham last month