POINT charity gears up for its big night
Date published: 06 March 2018
POINT is a local charity for parents and carers of additional needs and disabled children
POINT - the local charity for parents and carers of additional needs and disabled children - will be hosting its annual conference this Friday, March 9, at Smokies Park Hotel in Bardsley.
The event will see parents and carers of children and young people with additional needs and disabilities come together with partners across health, education, social care and voluntary, and the community sector.
The event will aim to address how Oldham is progressing as a borough and how people can get involved in shaping our new ways of working together in the town.
It is also a fantastic celebration of those individuals or teams who go above and beyond to support parents and carers in their role, with the Passion for Parents awards ceremony set to be the highlight of the evening.
There will also be entertainment from young people and a disco for all to enjoy at the end of the evening.
The event starts at 5:30pm, from when guests will be invited to wander around 23 different provider stalls, before the conference opens at 7pm and dinner is served.
Log on to: www.pointoldham.co.uk for more information.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Hairy Biker Dave Myers encourages people in Oldham to have their eyes tested
- 2Universal Credit blamed as Oldham Foodbank may not be able to keep up with demand
- 3Another yellow weather warning for Oldham
- 4New Annie Kenney letter goes on display in Oldham
- 5HMRC urging people in Oldham to check if they can claim tax relief