Simon celebrates double award win
Date published: 09 May 2018
Chadderton's 2015 MasterChef champion Simon Wood
It’s proven a hit with the foodies of Manchester and now Wood Manchester has won awards for it’s quality food and fine dining experience.
Owned by Chadderton-based 2015 MasterChef champion Simon Wood, the restaurant received two Rosettes for Culinary Excellence this week from AA in their prestigious Rosette Award Scheme.
The award is highly sought after in the food industry, with restaurants being awarded between one and five rosettes based on just one visit from an AA inspector.
Having only launched the venue in September 2017, Simon has seen huge success with the First Street venue, already having gained rave reviews from both The Telegraph and The Guardian in less than six months of opening.
A delighted Simon said: ”This Double Rosette Award from AA means a lot to me as it really is all about the quality of the food and the ingredients that go in to it, which is what we do best.
"To have that recognised by a title as prestigious as the AA Rosette Scheme is a huge achievement.
"We’ve accomplished so much already in less than a year of opening so it’s a great honour to have this award sitting proudly in the restaurant.”
Wood Restaurant Group is currently planning the launch of its second site which is set to open in 2019 in Chester in the new Hotel Indigo.
For more information visit http://www.woodmanchester.com/
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Free skips rolled out across Middleton estate in bid to cut down on fly-tipping
- 2Angry residents seek action on late night fireworks and anti-social behaviour
- 3Popular brewery to open tap room in new premises
- 4Oldham MP salutes 'good news' as Latics reveal agreement which means re-opening of North Stand
- 5Developer reveals plans for hundreds of homes on controversial greenfield site