Urko Vera commits extends stay at Boundary Park
Reporter: Jon Chubb
Date published: 05 July 2019
Urko Vera scored once in six appearances last season
The former La Liga striker scored only one goal for Latics last season in six appearances for the club but has agreed to remain with the side until the end of the 2019/2020 season.
Vera’s only goal came from the penalty spot during a 2-1 defeat against Macclesfield Town at Moss Rose on his debut.
The 32-year old had previously had spells at Athletic Bibao, Alcorcon and CFR Cluj.
He enjoyed his most prolific spell in front of goal while at CD Mirandes where he scored 17 goals during 38 appearances in the Spanish second division.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Investigation launched after stabbing at Hollinwood tram stop
- 2‘Manipulative sexual predator’ from Rochdale jailed for four years
- 3Hate crime against transgender people rise 168pc in Greater Manchester
- 4Disabled season ticket price hike leaves Latics fans furious
- 5Woman punched in the face as man steals her car