Police: No further investigation into former Latics' owners
Date published: 23 June 2020
GMP's Economic Crime Unit have completed an investigation
Greater Manchester Police have said they will no longer be investigating allegations against the former Oldham Athletic owners.
The present owner, Abdallah Lemsagam, and current club officials made public in January that they had commissioned an internal report which then formed the basis of the complaints against the previous owners.
The complaints centred around the previous owners' dealings with Oldham Council.
Following a five-month investigation, GMP's Economic Crime Unit have found that the former proprietors at the club have no case to answer.
In a statement, GMP said “After carefully reviewing the allegations made by Oldham Athletic Football Club regarding the financial conduct of the previous ownership of the club, GMP will not be investigating any further”.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two Oldham women charged with drug and modern slavery offences
- 2Joint funeral for devoted Oldham couple who died from Covid just two weeks apart
- 3End of the road for Greater Manchester’s controversial masterplan
- 4‘Damp’ homes in housing estate to be refurbished with new insulation
- 5Oldham dad demands greater awareness around epilepsy