Roughyeds sign Gregory on season-long contract
Date published: 25 February 2021
Oldham RL Club has signed Declan Gregory (24), a hooker with plenty of League 1 and Championship experience, who has been training at the club for a while after leaving Castleford Tigers.
Born and bred in Wigan, he has signed a season-long 2021 contract, effectively filling the role left vacant by the loss of broken-leg victim Matty Wilkinson.
Head coach Matt Diskin, who should know a good hooker when he sees one, has been impressed with Gregory (pictured) during his time at the club.
Said Diskin: "We needed three hookers and now we've got them -- all quality. We'll be without Wilky for a while and that's a shame, so Declan will probably get his chance sooner than was envisaged."
Raised in Wigan, Gregory has previously played for Rochdale Hornets, North Wales Crusaders.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham child rapist sentenced to 18 years in jail after sexually abusing three young boys
- 2Council animation celebrates the re-opening of Oldham’s high streets and reminds residents to do...
- 3Oldhamers gearing up for a return to the pub - albeit outdoors for now
- 4Dovestone Rangers Service is closed following drop in revenue
- 5Pub which lost licence over Covid breaches denied new licence