Date published: 16 July 2008
Staff at Shop Direct Group’s national distribution centre in Shaw, are celebrating the unveiling of their new name.
Littlewoods Shop Direct Group, the UK’s leading online and home shopping retailer, has changed its name to Shop Direct Group and is re-branding all its operations.
The 23-acre Linney Lane site is the central hub of the company’s distribution network. Comprising five buildings, three of which are converted former cotton mills, the 950,000sq ft of floor space is in use for around 100 hours a week.
The site employs between 750 and 1,250 staff according to seasonal demand and is run by general manager Andrew Sinfield. Last year Shaw processed more that 39 million customer orders.
A second site six miles away at the Raven Mill, Chadderton, processes customer returns for the whole group. The 210,000sq ft building sits on a four-acre site and employs more than 1,000 staff.
In 2006, Shop Direct Group made a significant investment in new computer systems and equipment at the Raven.
A third site at Middleton employs around 200 staff processing all large item customer returns such as furniture and washing machines. Both sites are also re-branding.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police appeal after man shot in back, legs and buttocks flees from hospital
- 2Oldham braced for its first blast of wintery weather
- 39-year old Oldham schoolboy scoops one of the top honours in primary schools challenge
- 4Gun and drugs found after reports man is beaten in Saddleworth
- 5Heywood man who stabbed a man in the head and bit the nose off another jailed