Late payment action recoups £1m debts
Date published: 05 June 2015
PEARSON Solicitors’ corporate and commercial team has helped a client recover outstanding debt of £1 million.
The legal firm, which has offices in Oldham, Hollinwood and Ashton, has been recovering debts from as little as £300 to more than £50,000 for clients, many of them SMEs without in-house debt recovery teams.
“Small businesses in the North-West experience the greatest number of late payments in the UK,” said the firm’s Nicola Laurie, adding: “Many businesses are unaware of how much money they are owed and don’t have the resources to spend time managing outstanding payments.”
Late payment has become a serious issue across a number of sectors and is a topic for political debate.
Debbie Abrahams, Labour MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth, has been running her award-winning “Be Fair — Pay on Time” campaign for some years, while the previous coalition Government had been working on a late payment reporting plan to force large firms to report their payment records every three months.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham children suffer at the hands of 'forgotten epidemic'
- 2Legend Royle's lifetime in football is recognised
- 3Woman taken to hospital after falling from bridge above M60 motorway
- 4Four teenagers seriously injured after stabbing at Oldham Leisure Centre
- 5Primary schools' action on traffic and pollution