Festival of Light to shine again
Date published: 03 November 2008
A TRADITIONAL festival returns to the Queen Elizabeth Hall next month.
The Festival of Light, now in its fifth year, marks the borough’s many religious events such as Eid-ul-Adha, Christmas, Diwali, Hanukkah and Bodhi Day (Buddhist).
This year’s spectacular party on December 5 begins with a procession of lanterns and promises a glittering array of entertainment.
As guests arrive at the venue, they will be greeted by Oldham Music Centre’s Brass Band playing Christmas carols and welcomed by leaders of different faiths.
The celebrations organised by Oldham Interfaith Forum (OIF) start at 6.30pm, and will finish with a light meal. Admission to the event is free, but by ticket only. Contact Fazal Rahim at the Oldham Interfaith Forum, 40 Union Street West Oldham, OL8 1DL, or call 0161 624 6733.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police probe continues after man suffers lacerations during fighting at Chadderton pub
- 2Chadderton apprentice Ellie is blazing a trail for International Women’s Day and Careers Week
- 3How Oldham’s abandoned mineshafts could change the town’s future
- 4The plan that could revive a dying town centre
- 5Holly excited ahead of Latics Women's Academy launch