Festival of Light to shine again
Date published: 03 November 2008
A TRADITIONAL festival returns to the Queen Elizabeth Hall next month.
The Festival of Light, now in its fifth year, marks the borough’s many religious events such as Eid-ul-Adha, Christmas, Diwali, Hanukkah and Bodhi Day (Buddhist).
This year’s spectacular party on December 5 begins with a procession of lanterns and promises a glittering array of entertainment.
As guests arrive at the venue, they will be greeted by Oldham Music Centre’s Brass Band playing Christmas carols and welcomed by leaders of different faiths.
The celebrations organised by Oldham Interfaith Forum (OIF) start at 6.30pm, and will finish with a light meal. Admission to the event is free, but by ticket only. Contact Fazal Rahim at the Oldham Interfaith Forum, 40 Union Street West Oldham, OL8 1DL, or call 0161 624 6733.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Schoolchildren surprised by Army helicopter landing in Shaw
- 2Resturants in Oldham and Rochdale are among the best in Britain
- 3Oldham students travel to Rome to witness patron of school become a Saint
- 4Interserve wins £13m contract to create a ‘cultural gateway’ for Oldham with new Heritage & Arts...
- 5Oldham's Lyndhurst Primary School on ITV's This Morning