Festival of Light to shine again
Date published: 03 November 2008
A TRADITIONAL festival returns to the Queen Elizabeth Hall next month.
The Festival of Light, now in its fifth year, marks the borough’s many religious events such as Eid-ul-Adha, Christmas, Diwali, Hanukkah and Bodhi Day (Buddhist).
This year’s spectacular party on December 5 begins with a procession of lanterns and promises a glittering array of entertainment.
As guests arrive at the venue, they will be greeted by Oldham Music Centre’s Brass Band playing Christmas carols and welcomed by leaders of different faiths.
The celebrations organised by Oldham Interfaith Forum (OIF) start at 6.30pm, and will finish with a light meal. Admission to the event is free, but by ticket only. Contact Fazal Rahim at the Oldham Interfaith Forum, 40 Union Street West Oldham, OL8 1DL, or call 0161 624 6733.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Ultimate Products announces purchase of Salter.com
- 2Shopkeeper fined after illegal tobacco seized
- 3Asthma sufferer endures ‘horrendous’ 10-hour A&E wait after falling ill and having breathing...
- 4Latics pounce for Windass, while Stobbs/Fondop extend stays
- 5Appeal for information/dash cam footage following fail to stop collision