Festival of Light to shine again
Date published: 03 November 2008
A TRADITIONAL festival returns to the Queen Elizabeth Hall next month.
The Festival of Light, now in its fifth year, marks the borough’s many religious events such as Eid-ul-Adha, Christmas, Diwali, Hanukkah and Bodhi Day (Buddhist).
This year’s spectacular party on December 5 begins with a procession of lanterns and promises a glittering array of entertainment.
As guests arrive at the venue, they will be greeted by Oldham Music Centre’s Brass Band playing Christmas carols and welcomed by leaders of different faiths.
The celebrations organised by Oldham Interfaith Forum (OIF) start at 6.30pm, and will finish with a light meal. Admission to the event is free, but by ticket only. Contact Fazal Rahim at the Oldham Interfaith Forum, 40 Union Street West Oldham, OL8 1DL, or call 0161 624 6733.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for nearly 100 affordable homes on the site of a former arson-plagued mill in Oldham approved
- 2Oldham bosses warn ‘we can’t afford to blow it’ as cases of Covid-19 increase
- 3Top ten Covid-19 hotspots in Greater Manchester revealed
- 4UPDATED: Man jailed for 21 weeks after car was stolen from Chadderton
- 5Middleton’s name could be ‘wiped off the parliamentary map’ under new boundary proposals