Let there be light
Date published: 09 December 2008
Young people from Derker set out on the parade with their lanterns.
THE town centre glittered in the darkness when people of all faiths took part in a lantern parade.
The event was part of the fifth annual Oldham Festival of Light which celebrates the religious festivals of Christmas, Eid-Al-Adhaa, Hanukkah, Diwali and Bodhi Bay.
The festivities were organised by Oldham Interfaith Forum and included entertainment, with Oldham Intermediate Brass Band playing carols to welcome guests, a welcome by religious leaders and a light meal at the Queen Elizabeth Hall.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Ultimate Products announces purchase of Salter.com
- 2Shopkeeper fined after illegal tobacco seized
- 3Asthma sufferer endures ‘horrendous’ 10-hour A&E wait after falling ill and having breathing...
- 4Latics pounce for Windass, while Stobbs/Fondop extend stays
- 5Appeal for information/dash cam footage following fail to stop collision