Leaping Dolphin is an ice attraction
Date published: 30 January 2009
THE finished sculpture is admired by Sufyaan Ali and Imaan Arshad.
YOUNGSTERS at Clarksfield Primary School were given a frosty treat when they were visited by Glacial Art Ice Sculptors.
Sculptors spent the day carving and shaping a block of ice into the shape of a dolphin leaping from the waves.
Each class had the opportunity to see the sculptors in action and ask any questions.
The school invited the sculptors as part of the creative curriculum offered in the foundation stage and to tie in to their winter theme. Reception teacher Humaira Anwar said: “The children really enjoyed the visit as it is something we have never done before.
“Pupils were really interested in how the sculpture was created and asked lots of questions.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Purchase of Latics AND Boundary Park agreed
- 2Oldham man jailed after admitting killing Tamby Dowling
- 3Latics fans rejoice at news of impending takeover
- 4Oldham CSE Investigation: McMahon concerned about the 'undermining' of the report
- 5Middleton’s oldest surviving mill to be restored and converted into apartments with new commercial...