Star Ricky faces trial on danger driving
Date published: 15 March 2010
“Strictly Come Dancing” star Oldham-born Ricky Whittle will face trial for dangerous driving in April, a court decided on Friday.
The 30–year–old former “Hollyoaks” actor has indicated he will deny the allegation when he appears at Liverpool Crown Court on April 21 for a plea and case management hearing.
In a one–minute hearing on Friday before Liverpool JPs Whittle, who now lives in Billinge, near Wigan, spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
The star is accused of deliberately driving at a freelance photographer after leaving a party in the early hours of November 27 last year.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police appeal after man shot in back, legs and buttocks flees from hospital
- 2Oldham braced for its first blast of wintery weather
- 39-year old Oldham schoolboy scoops one of the top honours in primary schools challenge
- 4Gun and drugs found after reports man is beaten in Saddleworth
- 5Heywood man who stabbed a man in the head and bit the nose off another jailed