Police warning after spate of burglaries
Date published: 24 September 2010
LOCK up . . . PC Adam Murphy is urging residents to secure their property
RESIDENTS are being urged to secure their properties following a spate of burglaries in Royton, Shaw and Crompton.
In the last week, 10 homes have been broken into — and in six cases the thieves entered the properties through insecure windows or doors.
Police have increased patrols in the areas and letters have been sent to residents to let them know that burglars are operating in their area.
It also provides advice on how to keep their homes safe.
PC Adam Murphy, from the Royton and Shaw Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “Burglars are always on the lookout for easy pickings, so an open window or unlocked door is an open invitation for them.”
To report crime call police on 0161-872 5050 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555 111. For more information visit www.gmp.police.uk.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Keith Curle the latest victim of Oldham’s unworkable ownership
- 2Oldham mum says school 'brushed bullying under the carpet' after her daughter attempted suicide
- 3Former doctor charged with death at Royal Oldham Hospital
- 4Covid cases rise in Oldham, but remains the lowest rate in Greater Manchester
- 5Amended Northern Roots plan revealed after feedback