Chronicle helps our Suranne crack crime
Date published: 04 March 2011
WELL read . . . Suranne (right) holds up a specially-produced copy of the Oldham Evening Chronicle.
THE Oldham Evening Chronicle is helping Chadderton actress Suranne Jones crack crime in her forthcoming television series Scott and Bailey.
The six-part prime-time police drama features the personal and professional lives of DC Rachel Bailey, played by former Oldham Theatre Workshop student and Coronation Street star, and DC Janet Scott, (Lesley Sharp), as they hunt down and investigate killers and their motives for murder.
And the Chronicle stepped in to produce a specially mocked-up edition of the newspaper to be used in the series.
Film crews have been out and about using Oldham as a backdrop for the latest outing by the Red Production Company.
Last month, May’s chip shop and cafe in Beal Lane, Shaw, was filmed for a scene in the series, with owner Gillian May and three of her family filmed as extras. The series will air on ITV later this year.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Grass-topped ‘earth houses’ could be built in Saddleworth
- 2Oldham pray for goals ahead of Stevenage visit
- 3Man jailed for child sex offences after chatting online to adults he thought were children
- 4Three men arrested after 13kg of drugs seized in early morning raids
- 5Join the 'Big Oldham Conversation'