Festival of Light a huge success
Reporter: Marina Berry
Date published: 14 December 2011
Oldham Junior Choir performs at the Christmas Festival Concert
TWO women in their 90s were among the 650-strong crowd at this year’s Oldham’s Festival of Light.
The event, in its ninth year, was held at the Grand Venue, Westwood, where festivalgoers enjoyed a celebration of religious festivals of the season.
Michael Meacher, MP, gave a vote of thanks in which he acknowledged the tremendous importance of this type of festival for the building of a strong and diverse community for Oldham.
Jit Kara, chairman of the Oldham Interfaith Forum said: “This has been a wonderful celebration. We seem to have established a new tradition of which people want to be apart, and, according to early evaluations, are more and more appreciative.”
View all our pictures from the festival on the “buy a photo” tab above
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Ultimate Products announces purchase of Salter.com
- 2Shopkeeper fined after illegal tobacco seized
- 3Asthma sufferer endures ‘horrendous’ 10-hour A&E wait after falling ill and having breathing...
- 4Latics pounce for Windass, while Stobbs/Fondop extend stays
- 5Appeal for information/dash cam footage following fail to stop collision