Midwife on baby death charge
Date published: 16 April 2012
A MIDWIFE has been charged with manslaughter after a baby bled to death following a circumcision.
Grace Adeleye (66), of Sarnia Court, Salford, appeared in the dock for the first time at Oldham Magistrates Court on Friday, charged with the manslaughter of Goodluck Caubergs by gross negligence.
The court heard the incident happened on April 17, 2010, in Oldham, and adjourned the case to a court hearing tomorrow at Manchester Crown Square Crown Court.
No plea was indicated by Adeleye and she was given conditional bail, which consisted of not leaving the UK and not to carry out any circumcisions.
Read the full version of this story in our print and eChron editions
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham businessman: 'I can do council top-job for half the salary'
- 2'Ignorant' traffic warden slaps ticket on delivery driver's vehicle whilst he was collecting food
- 3First Renew Shop opens in Oldham, benefiting residents and the environment
- 4Brownfield sites to be transformed with hundreds of homes
- 5RIP ...Village mourn much-loved Frank Pullen