Midwife on baby death charge
Date published: 16 April 2012
A MIDWIFE has been charged with manslaughter after a baby bled to death following a circumcision.
Grace Adeleye (66), of Sarnia Court, Salford, appeared in the dock for the first time at Oldham Magistrates Court on Friday, charged with the manslaughter of Goodluck Caubergs by gross negligence.
The court heard the incident happened on April 17, 2010, in Oldham, and adjourned the case to a court hearing tomorrow at Manchester Crown Square Crown Court.
No plea was indicated by Adeleye and she was given conditional bail, which consisted of not leaving the UK and not to carry out any circumcisions.
Read the full version of this story in our print and eChron editions
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rejected contentious 77-house plan in Oldham returns to committee
- 2Superfast broadband will come to Oldham
- 3Students at Oasis Academy Oldham go on to a 'very exciting future'
- 417 year old girl from Oldham dies of suspected drugs overdose at Leeds Festival
- 5Blue Coat head salutes hard work and commitment on GCSE results day