The first tram now arriving at the new Oldham Mumps.
Date published: 20 August 2013
First tram tested at Oldham’s new town centre station.
THE first tram rolled along Oldham’s new town centre Metrolink line this morning — finally bringing the opening of the line within sight.
The four-carriage tram was spotted at the new Oldham Mumps station in preparation for testing the line before it is opened next year.
Tracks now stretch from the existing line, which runs along the old Loop Line, from Mumps along Union Street all the way through to Freehold with four stops being created — Oldham Mumps, Oldham Central, King Street, and Westwood.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Purchase of Latics AND Boundary Park agreed
- 2Oldham man jailed after admitting killing Tamby Dowling
- 3Latics fans rejoice at news of impending takeover
- 4Oldham CSE Investigation: McMahon concerned about the 'undermining' of the report
- 5Middleton’s oldest surviving mill to be restored and converted into apartments with new commercial...