Matthew takes TV role in his stride
Date published: 08 October 2013
From There to Here star Philip Glenister with young actor Matthew Lowe
SHARING the screen with famous actors such as Philip Glenister and Bernard Hill didn’t overwhelm seven-year-old Matthew Lowe.
Matthew, of Watersheddings, is in upcoming BBC1 drama, “From There to Here”, and worked with the all-star cast as Glenister’s grandson.
The drama chronicles events in Manchester’s recent history - starting in 1996 on the day an IRA bomb ripped through the city centre.
Matthew’s proud mother Amanda said: “Matthew has loved every minute of it on set. He was really lucky to have such a great role - but I think the family were more starstruck during his scenes with Philip Glenister and Bernard Hill. They were both lovely with him.”
Amanda added: “He has seen his brothers taking part in acting projects and modelling so he wants to follow them. We’re all really proud of him.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police appeal after man shot in back, legs and buttocks flees from hospital
- 2Oldham braced for its first blast of wintery weather
- 39-year old Oldham schoolboy scoops one of the top honours in primary schools challenge
- 4Gun and drugs found after reports man is beaten in Saddleworth
- 5Heywood man who stabbed a man in the head and bit the nose off another jailed