Homes plan for former mill site
Date published: 06 January 2015
Former Failsworth Mill Site - housing plan
A SECOND planning application for the development of up to 51 houses on the site of the old Failsworth Mill has been submitted to Oldham Council.
An initial application was placed by Cheshire-based property developers Brookhouse Group in October, 2010, which was agreed by the planning committee in April, 2012.
Construction didn’t begin and Brookhouse is now asking for an extension to the planning permission, which is due to expire in February.
The site, which is now empty after the demolition of Failsworth Mill in 2014, is located close to Failsworth town centre and surrounded by Rochdale Canal to the north and Ashton Road West to the south.
The area, next to Failsworth Tesco and part of Failsworth district centre, will also contain 87 parking spaces, including five for visitors, and public open space.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham trio remanded in custody over drug offences
- 2Man jailed for over two years after offering girls cash for sex
- 3New £35m development in Failsworth will create hundreds of jobs and homes
- 4Homeless-Friendly initiative hopes to aid those in need across Greater Manchester
- 5Paul Scholes accused of breaking football betting rules