Summer school’s insight into politics at work
Date published: 25 August 2015
FROM learning more about how the media works to developing political campaigns, graduates at Debbie Abrahams’s summer school have experienced it all.
Participants were presented with their certificates by Bryn Hughes, father of the late PC Nicola Hughes, following their two-week course led by the MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth.
Over the course of the school, the group of 11 18 to 24-year-olds have taken part in workshops with public figures such as Labour leadership contender Andy Burnham and Oldham-born rugby league star Kevin Sinfield as well as completing work placements at organisations across Oldham.
Mrs Abrahams said: “It’s been a real pleasure to organise my second summer school for another group of motivated young people.
“They’ve been really eager to learn more about politics and share in my passion for creating community-based action here in Oldham and Saddleworth which can help tackle important local issues and shape all our futures.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham has the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the country
- 2‘If you don’t act now we are looking at a lockdown’: 11th hour warning to residents ahead of...
- 3Andy Burnham calls on the Government not to send Oldham into lockdown
- 4Man arrested following 'utterly shocking' rape of a 14-year-old girl
- 5Restrictions across Greater Manchester to stay for another week