Athletic swoop on striker
Reporter: Kevin Richardson
Date published: 30 July 2010
ATHLETIC manager Paul Dickov has boosted his frontline options with the capture of Irishman Dean Kelly on a six-month contract.
The 24-year-old striker impressed the Boundary Park chief during a trial and joins the npower League One outfit from the Irish amateur scene.
Kelly scored 30 goals for Crumlin United in the Leinster Senior League last season following a successful spell at Tolka Rovers.
After leaving Crumlin in the summer in the aim of breaking into the professional ranks, he has recently worked as a builder in Dublin and also had a trial at Shamrock Rovers.
He has represented the Republic of Ireland in the amateur European Championships.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Teenage cyclist dies, one critical, following 'horrific' Oldham collision
- 2Just what is going on behind Boundary Park's closed doors?
- 3The people of Oldham remember - 100 years on
- 4Family pays tribute to 'blue eyed golden boy' Trent
- 5Twelve-strong axe-wielding gang sought after 'shocking' Oldham shopping centre armed robbery